Friday, June 20, 2008

I FINALLY have something to say. . .

So I've had this blog for several months and I've avoided posting because I thought I didn't have anything to say. Now I suppose I have something worth telling to people I know.
I've always liked to sew and recently the inspiration hit me to mix somthing else I like with sewing. . .babies. That's right, I'd like to give birth to a collection of infant and children's clothing. I've decided to name my venture Elliette in honor of my soon to be niece whose impending birth got me motivated to start sewing in earnest. I hope in time to have onesies, skirts, jumpers, pajamas, bath towels and quilts and much more. I'll soon be opening my own store on etsy.com, so I'll keep you posted on that.

All items are either hand sewn by me, or trims and embellishments are hand applied by me. All designs are my origional work and I've really enjoyed creating these tiny garments.

Take a look at these first items and let me know if you'd pay any money for them.
These are size 0-3 months old. I jazzed them up with some cute trim.

I didn't make the onesie, but the denim skirt is made from recycled jeans. I also added a snap closure to the waist to make it even easier to put on. Should fit babies 3-6 months.
On this shirt I hand appliqued a flower and added a button center. The skirt has an elastic waist to fit baby as she grows. I added a pintucked trim in the same polkadot fabric. Should fit babies 0-3 months.

I didn't sew the onesie here either, but I sewed the skirt. I added a casing with RicRack so it can be adjusted to fit baby as she grows. Should fit babies 3-6 months.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Alright Blaire!

woot woot!