Thursday, November 27, 2008

I know I'm ready to be a mom because . . .

No, this is not an announcement, just a reflection on the last couple of days.

I've been in Kansas observing Thanksgiving with Chris' family. It's been great speding time with everyone since we only get to see them once or twice a year. A few events have passed and i've been impressed with my ability to cope with them.

I've helped take care of baby Elliette and whenever i feed her, she always falls asleep. I like that. She also smiles at me and giggles, it's so sweet to see. I used to think crying babies were annoying, but i've learned that there's only so much you can do to comfort them, but they just might need to cry it out.

The biggest thing though was a super fun episode with my nephew Elijah. His parents left to go to town to get something and I was keeping an eye on him. Next thing i know he comes out of the bathroon stark naked and says, i pooped. I thought he was looking for a "good job" but when i went in the bathroom there was poop all over the wall.

You see Eli is a little person, as in a dwarf, and it's hard for him to reach the potty. I think he got up on his stool to reach the potty, tripped and ended up pooping on the wall.

Well i switched into action mode, plunked him in the bath and attacked the poopy wall with paper towels and cleaner. I only gagged a little bit, so i'm calling it a success.

Maybe i'm not totally ready to be a mom, but i think i'm a little bit better prepared for it. I mean i still love the kid, so that's a good sign-right?

6 comments:

Dominoe said...

That poop story is some serious breakin in to mommyhood! Most of us only get that experience with our own kiddos!

Kiley said...

Wow. I would have thrown up. I could handle my own child doing that, but someone else's . . . ? Way to go!

Hilary said...

gross.


but funny!

Derek said...

if any of my kids ever pooped on the wall.. thats grounds for adoption.. jk

Britany said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! that story is still funny. Good ole' Eli.

Naomi said...

wow, props to you, i'm with the others I probably would have puked and waited until Jeremy got home - he he. You'll be a great mom!