Sunday, November 2, 2008

This is Halloween


For Halloween we stayed home and carved this lovely two-faced pumpkin. I did the right side and Chris did the left side. We each took turns and then covered our work up with newspaper so that neither of us saw the finished product until the end.

We also toasted the pumkin seeds and they were yummy! I think it might have been the first time pumpkin seeds turned out tasty. I think I've either burned or undercooked them every time previously.

And here we are with our finished work of art! Hooray for Halloween - BOO!!



4 comments:

Hilary said...

Did you get any trick-or-treaters besides the Stapley boys?

Derek said...

me and jen went to a couple parties where i kicked ass at the pumkin carving contests. what can i say.. im awesome at it.

Lisa Puga said...

I love the two-faced pumpkin idea. We didn't carve pumpkins this year. In Minnesota, the squirrels attack any pumpkin left alone for two seconds. They try to break through my windows to get at our baby plants inside.

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

great idea!! You guys look like you had fun!