Thursday, October 30, 2008

Election Helps



With the Presidential election just a few days away, I'm still a little on the fence about which candidate I should choose. Both McCain and Obama have good ideas on how to fix problems and I've always thought of myself as more of an independent than a Republican or Democrat. I just want whoever will do the best job to be elected.

To help me decide who will do the best job, i found a really great comparison of the candidates policies, their voting records and whether or not analysts think their plans will work or not. I really like how i got the whole picture about each topic/plan and what the ramifications of each would be. If you have some time, take a look and decide for yourself at http://elections.msn.com/WhereTheyStand.aspx

Whatever you do, make sure you get out and vote on November 4th!


Remember too that there are more choices than just the two big candidates (I think there might be 8 or so). Most everyone has a favorite when thinking of McCain or Obama, and it's normal to think that one you like the least must be crazy for espousing the positions that he does.
This poses a problem when considering any other candidates. Going on the assumption that the majority of America is sane, and that the majority of America is going to vote for either McCain or Obama, and that the majority of America thinks the other half of that duo is crazy (making them both crazy), then I think I can assume that any other candidates must be certifiably insane. Since I don't feel like voting for crazy or insane, here are my top choices for a write-in candidate:


1.



Whoever this is, he's got the right attitude.
2. SUPERMAN Wouldn't that be awsome?
3. The number 53. It's prime.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I totally forgot to tell you my crappy news last night when we were talking about all this.

It's on my blog.

I'm ashamed.

Janelle said...

Hahaha - I like your number one choice! Maybe I will vote for him. :) We just went and voted the other day - it has been a very interesting election - can't wait for Tuesday!

Derek said...

i vote we just don't have a president this next term. i mean it couldn't be worse than bush for the last 4 years. right? oh wait.. i live in utah, so im supposed to embrace republicans. alas i am not registered in salt lake.. so i canst not vote. but i do have a funny story.

one day i was shopping in zumiez. as i was leaving the worker guys were giving me a bunch of crap for not being educated on the facts.. i probably wasn't going to vote anyways due to me having to drive back to prov. so on the way out they're telling me im a bad person and such... mid-sentence, i stop them. i say, how bout you just do you damn job and let people decide for themselves. oh man. it was rad. derek 1, zumiez 0.