Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You Have to Read This!




This book, City of Bones is the first in a super awesome fantasy series by author Cassandra Clare. I was perusing the YA section at my library, when i saw the last book , City of Glass and it looked so intriguing I put in a hold for this one.

It was worth waiting for! This book sora reminds me of the twilight series, but ony sorta. I would say the romance factor is about %20 of the story, humor is another 20% and totally awesome action and butt kicking is the last 60%. In these books there are vampires, werewolves, faeries, etc, but not everyone can see them. And when the main charachter Clary starts to see them all sorts of crazy stuff goes down. There are tons of great plot twists and it was so good, i stayed up all night to finish it - i couldn't put it down. Chris liked it too, but not as much as me. I think it was because he's read a lot fantasy books and had higher expectations than i did.

I've put in a hold for the second book, City of Ashes, but it looks like all of Cache Valley is in line to get that one, so I might cave and buy it online. If you're patient and have a library card, you should check it out. Otherwise you can pick them up at Amazon.com for about $10 each :)

2 comments:

Nat said...

I'm not a huge fantasy fan, but Pete is; I'll have to suggest them to him. I love finding a good book that you can't put down!

Britany said...

good! I've been looking for another series to read. When you get done with these you and chris both need to read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson. They're some of the best books I've ever read. Seriously. I am in awe of his writing skills.