Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Domestic Diva

I don't know what's happened this week, but I've launched into the wonderful world of domesticity. I've gone food storage shopping and Tuesday night I made peach freezer jam.

I know - I can't believe it either :) But suprisingly, freezer jam is really easy. The hardest part may be getting the fruit. Lucky for me, my Grandma Perkins had a bumper crop of peaches and forced them upon us when we went over for grandpa's b-day on Sunday. I thought, we will never be able to eat all these, they'll just go bad. I KNOW, I'll make JAM!!!

If you want to know how to make freezer jam, buy a box of fruit pectin and read the directions. All you need is fruit, sugar, lemon juice, pectin and jars to put it in. No major boiling and super sanitizing or you'll kill someone steps :) So if your grandma gives you a bushel of fruit,


you can turn this . . .






Into This!



2 comments:

Melissa and Justin said...

yummy, that looks really delicious. So I am going to send you that dress and have you put a zipper or something in it but things are crazy trying to rearrange the house, clean, and hoping the baby comes when Justin is available to be around. Fun stuff.

Nat said...

Oh, my mouth is watering! YUM! I really should make jam one of these years.