Monday, September 21, 2009

Just call me "Ant"

You've probably heard the fable about the grasshopper and the ant, where the grashopper plays all summer and makes fun of the ant who works all summer putting food away for the winter. Then winter comes and the grasshopper doesn't have any food.

Today you can definatly call me the ant because Chris and I went to Macey's case lot sale and we stocked up. It was great!!! Eventhough we spent a goodly ammount of money, all the cans in the pantry really do give me peace of mind, especially in these tricky economic times.

Granted, we wouldn't eat the most exciting things if we had to break into the storage, but at least we would eat. Luckily, my stake is putting out a food storage cookbook, so I should get lots of ideas on how to use this stuff and ideas on what to get next.


Before and after.
All together . . .
ooh . . . ahhh






So if the mountains fall down and the power goes out and you're hungry, come on over and you can share some vegetable soup and pancake with us. But it'll cost ya some firewood :)
Also, Macey's case lot run through tomorrow - Sept 22 - so you can still stock up too. They have great deals on everyday stuff like TP, paper towels, and Campbells soup. Check out the ad here.

5 comments:

Dominoe said...

Ah Maceys. How I miss you. When I stock up on food storage here in Ohio, people look at me like I'm a paranoid psycho! haha!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Oohhh...Aahhh...Isn't it funny how satisfying a few shelves stocked with canned food can be?! We are going to build some shelves this fall and do the same thing - I'm so excited!

Hilary said...

you're an ant!

Blaire said...

And i can lift 3x my weight in food storage :)

Nat said...

YAY for stocking up! It's such a great feeling, huh? I have a lot of long-term storage stuff ("store and ignore"), but I need to work on the three-month food supply.