Saturday, January 23, 2010

What's goin' on?

Wow, i can't believe it's been so long since i posted. Here's the highlights from January.

New years day was a great day for shopping :) Chris and I have been talking for a long time about upgrading our TV. The one we had was HUGE as in it weighed a ton and was 2 ft thick. We had to balance out tv stand so the tv wouldn't tip it over. So we went out looking and found a super deal on a new Hi-Def Plasma screen tv. I didn't think it would be much of an improvement, but it is!


My new year's resolution was of course to drop some weight. So I joined Weight Watchers on January 1st. I realized that i gained 30 pounds since i've been married and I haven't really liked the way i look or feel. Since I've tried wacky diets and also trying to follow what my idea of a good regime would be and failed on both accounts- it was time to get "professional" help.


I'm trying to lose 20 lbs by June 30 and so far things are going pretty well. I've lost 6 lbs so far and i can feel my tastes change towards more healthy things. I don't crave fatty or sugary foods as much, but if i need a little, i have the flexibility to go for it :)

So far , so good. I've lost 6 pounds this month and hopefully the rest will go just as good :) It hasn't been diet alone, Chris and I have been working out 4 mornings each week since October.

The next big item has been that i was sent to Paul's Valley, Oklahoma to do product training for Covercraft Industries. Covercraft bought Global Accessories, which was the company i was laid off from last April. I was in OK for a week all by myself and had to be a big girl - rented my own car and drove myself around - it was kinda wierd. Thank goodness for GPS, cuz i got lost a ton :)

This trip was also my last days of work. I have been laid off again. Oh goody. They're giving me a sort of severance package which will help a lot until i find a job. The downside is that i checked out the job board today and it wasn't looking so hot :) I'm sure i'll find something, but man i hate looking for work!

And on the 21st, Chris and I were married for 3 1/2 years! Yay!! It goes by so fast, I'm sure i'll wake up one day and think - sheesh, where has the last 30 years gone :)

So if you're not doing anything during the day and you want to hang out, i am available. Also if you know of any job openings, send those my way too!

3 comments:

Justin and Melissa said...

That is crazy that they paid to send you to training in Oklahoma and then laid you off. At least they gave you a severance this time. Good luck with the job search again.

Nat said...

You've been so busy! Good for you for losing 6 pounds! That's awesome. That sucks that you lost your job, though, but I'm sure something will be right around the corner for you.

Britany said...

It's a bummer that we can't hang out. :( That sucks about your job too. Hopefully everything bounces back quickly.