Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time to get going again

I really, really HATE wintertime. Recently i biffed it on some stairs and totally tweaked my knee. Although painful, this is not a new occurrence and wonky knees have been a constant companion ever since I started getting tall.

I've decided (finally) that enough is enough and I'm going to do something about it. So my resolution for the year is to get those knees back in shape. This means going to the gym and lifting weights and using the giant rubber band thingy to do exercises called a "grapevine" and other weird stuff like that.

If you know any knee strengthening exercises I can do, pass em along. Hopefully i'll soon have quadriceps that can crush a walnut. I'll keep you updated :)


2 comments:

Britany said...

I find this both interesting and terrifying. I mean, the last thing you need is another weapon, like killer quads.

Just be careful not to overwork your joints. You could do more damage and hurt instead of help. Love you! Good luck!

Missy W. said...

I would also love to find some knee strengthening exercises. My knees have been damaged by running, and I can't run as much as I would like to any more.