Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Organic or not

When I first heard the term "organic" when applied to food my brain threw up all over the inside of my skull. Now I get the twitches whenever I hear the term 'organically grown'.
This reaction is similar to how I reacted when I found out that some people linked immunizations with autism. Actually, that's not the stupid part. The stupid part is that a large group of people actually decided not to immunize their children.
Most recently I've had deal with the retard division of CAVE (Citizens Against Virtually Everything). As most of you know I kill mosquitoes, and that entails fogging, i.e. put a chemical in the air to kill the adult mosquitoes. A very surreal experience, but all too common for me, was when I had a conversation with a lady that insisted that West Nile was made up, cancer and any disease can be avoided/cured via a healthy diet, and that salmonella/e. coli was a conspiracy by the government to take control of the national food supply (where did all the tomatoes go?). Or how about the guy that claims that I made him dumber even though I never came within a block of his house, or the people that claim I'm responsible for their lackadaisical pet coughing blood when I haven't even been on that side of city.

In short:
Organic food SUCKS! (yes please, I love bugs with my veggies)
Flouridated water will NOT cause you to become susceptible to mind control
Polio/Measles/Mumps/Rubella/etc/etc=BAD, Immunizations=GOOD
If mosquito fog can't kill anything bigger than a mosquito, then it isn't going to hurt you.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

You and my grandma really need to duke it out. She's into immunizations, but that's probably all you'll agree on. Haha.

Derek said...

i got almost 7/8's of the way through this blog.. then i realized something.. this is chris talking.. not blaire.. ha ha..