Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I never thought it would happen to me . . .

Well it looks like I am out of a job. Just when things are going so well - I have a nice boss, I like the people I work with, the work is interesting, etc - we all get laid off. Yup, I mean everyone. Granted there were only 5 people in the whole company, but we call got canned last Friday.

So now I'm looking for a new job and I tell you what, the pickings are slim. Don't get me wrong, I could always work at Gossners making cheese, or Icon making treadmills, or any of the plethora of manufacturing jobs in Cache Valley, but I went that route once and since I was able to use my PR degree at Digital Slant(my former job)I'd kind of like to stick with that.

So i'll apply for a few secretarial positions this week and hopefully I can find the right mix of hours and benefits. On the upside, if I only get part time work I'll have more time to work on my Etsy shop. Mabe that's the route i should take. I'm not sure, but I'm going to the temple today, so hopefully that will help me figure it out.

So i guess if anyone knows of a good PR job around Logan, or even around wherever you are, let me know. I'm open to anything at this point.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

I'm sorry! But - good luck. I wish I could help!

Cheryl said...

Oh wow Blaire, I am so sorry that happened! I can imagine it might be hard to find a PR job in Logan. Move to Seattle :)

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. It sounded like a great job and like you were enjoying it so much. Hopefully you find something soon. Things always seem to work out in a good way, even if they don't seem so good at the beginning. I'm sure this will be the case for you.

Lisa Puga said...

I feel for you. I've been looking for a job for months. It's a hard-knock life for us. But, it'll work out eventually. I love seeing what you've made; I just wish I had a cute kid to put it on.