Monday, April 13, 2009

Super Depressing

I just did the saddest thing of my life. I spent an hour applying online to work at . . . WalMart. We've got another one opening in Cache Valley at the south end of town soon. Yes it's true, the current state of the economy is driving me to "keep my options open" in case things at my current job go south.

Why would things go bad at my current job? Well it's an automotive accessories company and when the major automotive companies aren't doing so hot, guess who else isn't doing so hot. The company is in negotiaions for a merger or buy out which means i could be getting a raise and a t- shirt with a new company logo, or i could be kicked out on my ear and looking for any job i can find. I'm hoping for scenario 1, but keeping an eye out in case of scenario 2.

Blah, blah, blah, woe is me. Ok i'm done pouting :) See a smile. If anyone knows of a job that pays more than 7.50/hour and doesn't involve me wearing a blue vest with a happy face on it, let me know.

In other totally awesome news, i have a new sofa and loveseat combo in microfiber. Everybody now -Ooooo, ahhhh! I'll get some pictures up soon, but it's a little dark now for photography. My apartment is starting to feel like a real place now and we own 3 pieces of nice furniture that feature us as their only owners :). As Martha would say, "it's a good thing." Btw, if you know anyone that needs a loveseat, check out craigslist for my listing. You might be able to get a better deal than the listed price ;).

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I hope you don't get kicked out on your ear either. (haha-you have a typo)

But it is a good thing that you are looking for some other options. Maybe I should work at Wal-Mart too, but then i'd have to keep it secret. There are people in my family who would disown me.

Yes I'll have to come sit on your new sofas soon! So exciting :)

Justin and Melissa said...

It could be worse, at least blue is a relatively nice color. Just kidding, that stinks. So, maybe you guys should just move out to California and get jobs here, Seems to have worked for us. Good luck on the job stuff hopefully you can keep yours or get a better one. Post pics of the new place I want to see it.

Janelle said...

Wow - you are so lucky to have three pieces of furniture that haven't had previous owners! I think we only have two! :) Maybe someday I can be like you when I grow up....