Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Unemployed . . . Again

I hoped for the best but ended up with ...uh... not the best? Anyway I'm on the job hunt again and there are a few prospects that sound interesting. I've already sent in my resume to be the Shelter Manager for the Cache Humane Society. They were looking for someone with PR and fundraising skills and so I thought it would be perfect for me. The job closes in a few days so I won't have to wait too long (hopefully) before I find out if they're considering me or not.

Right now i'm pretty optimistic, we'll be ok money wise for a couple of weeks, but I'm hoping it'll only take me a week or two to find something. When we got the bad news at work, they said the deal to buy the company might still go through and they may be calling us to come back to work. Right now i'm not sure if i would go back, but we'll see if I'm singing a different tune in a week or two.

On the up side I've had time to get my living room set up complete with things on the walls and nothing on the dining room table :). And when we moved i found a Bed, Bath and Beyond gift card so i got a new bath mat and towels for the bathroom. The apartment is really starting to feel like a home. Yay!

4 comments:

Britany said...

Ah Suck Blaire! i'm sorry! I'm glad you're liking your apartment though! Chris is still employed right? Man, I hope so. I can't wait to be camping with you guys in Jill's living room! yay!

Hilary said...

Thanks for playing with us yesterday! It was fun. And I got a little sun on my arms :)

Nat said...

Oh, that sucks! Well, maybe Walmart will come through (blah, though!). Or the other one that you applied for. Good luck in the job hunt!

Janelle said...

Oh Man! I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job...again. Once per person should be the limit. :) Hope your job search is successful quickly!