Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sad then happy

So last saturday I was in charge of a mini golf tournament to benefit the Cache Valley Foster Care Resource Center. Everything was all planned out and set up and the day was gorgeous. Then Mother Nature decided I had been left in peace too long and send 20 mph winds with 40 mph gusts.

It was insane! All our bake sale items blew off the table, the shade canopies almost flew away, all our signs went all over the place - unbelievable. We ended up having to pack up and go home, which was a major bummer for me. I had been working on planning this all month long.

The good news is that I've got a back up plan. Karrie, a gal I work with, knows some fellas who have an improv comedy troupe called Out of the Blue Entertainment. They're going to do an improv show for us at the TSC Auditorium(USU Campus) on the 24th of September.

It was really hard for me to accept defeat when the mini golf tournament didn't turn out how it was supposed to. I've been trying to see what the lesson was in that situation and it's been a struggle. With things going so well for this comedy night, i'm starting to get a clearer picture.

Anyway, you should come if you'll be in the area. It's $3 with current student ID (USU or High School) or $5 without ID. It'll be lots of fun and we're having a prize drawing too. Come check it out!

No comments: