Thursday, August 12, 2010

Some goings on

Wow, It's been a long time since I posted anything. I wish I could say it was because I was doing really exciting things and didn't have time to post an update. The real reason is I haven't wanted to bore anyone to tears with my lack of activities :)

The only thing of note to happen was Chris' car started acting funny, so we took it to the shop and we got the great news that we're going to need a new transmission. Oh joy :) Thank goodness for the emergency fund or else we'd be paying for that repair for-ever!

At work I'm coordinating a service project for the Cache Valley Foster Care Resource Center. They help foster families get extra stuff like clothes, beds, dressers, and baby stuff when they're transitioning between the different ages and needs of the foster kids placed with them.

It's been a ton of work and we haven't got a lot of help from the community. I know we're in a recession, but all I'm asking for is that people donate the clothes their kids have grown out of or to pick up an extra shirt when they're school shopping for their own kids.

I'm also doing a miniature golf tournament on Aug 28 to raise money and hopefully we can get a lot of people to come out and play.

So that's it - bored now?

2 comments:

Britany said...

wow. You are a crazy busy girl. Try and have some fun somewhere in there.

Janelle said...

Hey, do you still need some stuff? I've got some things I could send you, if that is allowed, and if you are still in need - let me know!