Saturday, October 10, 2009

Farewell to Carbs


Although I've never taken much stock in diets that promote anything other than a balanced diet which includes items from all the food groups, the time has come. What I mean is that the whole balanced diet thing hasn't really gotten me anywhere. I've tried writing everything i eat down in a journal. I've tried counting calories. I've tried diet & exercise and guess what? Nothing, acutally i guess it's more like almost nothing.


Earlier in the year i made a goal to slim down, and i did. I lost 6 lbs, but recently i found them again :( I just can seem to keep momentum and get to that goal - and in the mean time i found a couple of extra pounds too.


So Chris and I decided that we would diet together. My dad talked us into doing the Atkins diet which has recently helped him to lose 25 pounds. That sounded pretty good to us, so we made a goal of doing the Atkins diet for 30 days. If it's not working for us, at that time we'll re-evaluate what we want to do. If it is working, then we'll keep on going.


Coupled with walks around the neighborhood, we're hoping to drop those stubborn pounds and get a jump start on a healthier life style while also reaping the benefits of having looser pants :)


And so, this weekend we bid farewell to some of our favorite high carb foods. A last supper if you will. Goodbye pizza. Goodbye pasta, Sniff. Goodbye mashed potatoes. Sniff, sniff. Goodbye Bread, I'll miss you most of all. Au Revoir, Auf Viedersen, Adios, Farewell to my dear sweet carbs.

1 comment:

Britany said...

I've thought about it, and yeah i'm pretty sure I'd die without carbs. I love bread and pasta. mmmm. I don't think I could live without those. So, I applaud you. You are much stronger than I. Good luck.