Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Inconcievable!

Today is only Wednesday - day 3 of our Atkins diet and already we're seeing results. I've lost 3 pounds and even though it's been a struggle, I'm starting to think this is totally going to be worth it.

To be honest, Chris is doing better than me at facing reality and not cheating. That's one thing I really admire about him. I told him the rules of the diet and that it would only work if we followed the rules. He has been sooooo good about being committed and if he's not sure if something is allowed, he'll ask. I on the other hand feel like I'm barely holding on sometimes. I really want to cheat (But i haven't!) and my desire for cake, cookies, bread and SUGAR are at times almost overwhelming. I'm hoping that will fade as time goes on and I'm making due with an Atkins approved treat - almond balls. Here's the recipe if you want to try it. Only 2 carbs per serving, which i think is 2 :)

2 T shredded coconut
1/4 t almond extract
3 T almond butter (like peanut butter except with almonds)
1 T marscapone or cream cheese - which ever you can find
2 T artificial sweetener

Mix the coconut, almond extract and 1 T of the sweetener in a bowl
In another bowl, mix almond butter and cheese and other 1 T of sweetener to make a dough.
Form the dough into small balls (approx 1/4") and then roll in coconut mixture
Place on wax or parchment paper and put in freezer for 10 mins to firm up
Enjoy 1 or 2 if on Atkins diet. If not, eat as many as you want :)

2 comments:

Britany said...

Oh sad! No sugar too? Well, I'm excited to hear that Chris is doing so well. Give him a high five for me. And keep up the good work Blaire! You can do it! Even though I know I will NEVER be able to do that. lol

Janelle said...

WOw! You guys are so dedicated! I hope it continues to go well for you.