Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!!!

Ah, another year has come and i find myself to be the ripe old age of 27. It's kind of weird to be 27 i think. It's one of those non-milestone years that makes you realize you one year closer to an actual milestone year, like 30. I don't think i've ever really had an issue with getting older. Especially since people say i don't look it. It's a little vain, but it helps :)

Anyway, my super fun birthday started out on Sunday. Chris and I went to my parent's house and had a birthday/valentines/superbowl party. We had lots of yummy snacks and ice cream cake and it was great to spent time with the family.

On Tuesday, my actual b-day, Chris took the day off and we had a fun time together. For breakfast we went to IHOP. I haven't had pancakes in a long time, and man were they delicious! That afternoon we went to the Sherlock Holmes movie which was super fun - it's so nice to go to a movie in the middle of the day when no one else can :) That night we went to dinner at Kamin, a Thai restaurant and pigged out. Dumplings, springrolls and curry - oh my! And then to top it off we got a box full of treats from Sweetly Divine, which is a great pastry shop. When we got home we put candles in an eclair and that's what i made my wish on. Hooray for birthdays!!!!

I am having a hard time dealing with the fallout though. Since i've been on weight watchers I've lost 10 pounds and have been eating a healthier diet. So today i felt a little sick from all that rich food, but i must say, totally WORTH IT :) I just love having one day a year where it's all about me, and Chris is so good to indulge me.

I'd also like to give a shout out to my birthday partner in crime - Janelle in Pampa, TX. Happy b-day on the 12th!!

5 comments:

Nat said...

Happy (belated) birthday! I totally understand the need/want of having a day just for YOU. And good for you for indulging-it sounds like a yummy day!

Melissa and Justin said...

So I am already behind on the birthday thing for both of our families. Sorry. Happy Birthday and I am glad that you had a fun day. I will try to get something in the mail soon so it isn't too late.

Britany said...

Happy Birthday Babe! I'm glad my brother treats you so well. Keep it up Chris!

Lisa Puga said...

Happy Birthday!!! I was thinking about you around the 7th, but then suddenly it's the 11th (or is it the 12th today?). Anyway, I'm glad you had a happy day. Give Chris a high five for making it a good one.

Janelle said...

AWww..thanks Blaire!! I am so glad you had a fun birthday!! I hope you enjoyed the treats from Sweetly Divine. I've only been that one time with you and Kristen but I thought it was super yummy! Everytime I'm in town and I see it I think "YUM. We should go there again." So maybe next time I am in town we will have to do it!