Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm Hired!!!

Everything went great at my interview and they hired me for a position, although not the one i applied for. While i was talking with the interviewer she kinda switched directions and told me about a position in their office at USU. She said my skills would really fit better in this other position and as we talked I was able to tell her about more experience I have with the work they do. At the end she said i could have the position if i wanted it and of course i said YES.

What I'll be doing is coordinating the things with the other VISTA(volunteers in service to america) people and their respective school administrators, helping to compile data on VISTA projects, presenting that information, talking to a lot of people and helping others at the office with whatever they need. It's a little all over the place, but I really like the people I'll be working with and I think I'll fit in well personality wise.

I'm really excited to get started and as a bonus - at least I think it is - I'll get to go to a couple day training seminar "somewhere in the western US" but i won't know until April. That should be lots of fun, although i do miss Chris when i'm gone :)

So more on this as it develops, but for now I'm really happy and excited and I know i wouldn't have this opportunity without divine intervention.

4 comments:

Missy W. said...

that's great news congratulations!

Britany said...

Yay!! That's so great! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations and good luck!

Hilary said...

I love that they just told you right there they wanted you. Can't wait to have more lunch dates on campus!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

YAY!! Bryan worked with VISTA for a couple of years - it was a great experience! I hope it goes well for you!