Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lookie What I Made


I just finished this quilt. I started it before Chris and I got married, maybe even before we were dating. Then with moving and stuff I totally forgot about it. About 3 weeks ago when i was going through all my sewing stuff, I found it and decided to finish it.

This quilt has 60 hand appliqued hearts on it in a harlequin diamond pattern. I Hand quilted the diamonds and then decided to add squares for more visual interest. The lines aren't perfectly straight, but I'm kind of do the best you can gal. :) I just got done last night hand sewing on the red binding.

This was a lot of fun to work on and i never would have been able to finish it if Chris hadn't gotten me a quilting hoop for my birthday :)

Today is the Relief Society Birthday party and talent show and I'm going to display this quilt as my talent, which is why I was trying so hard to finish it. Now the only question is, what will my next project be?

3 comments:

Britany said...

Oh wow! Look at you go! You are so amazing at everything. I mean, even if I attempted something like this it would NEVER look this good. I love that your hobby is sewing because it's so neat the kinds of things you can do. Keep it up! It looks great!

Emily said...

You are the woman, Blaire! I love the quilt. And congrats on the job and the gettin' fit! You are on top of it! :)

Nat said...

WOW! I'm always so amazed by quilters. That looks terrific!