Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Wow, I can't believe it, 2009 is here. As a kid i think i saw the 2000's as the years of flying cars and space travel and all that other crazy sci-fi stuff. Now that i'm here in 2009 i wonder what the new year and the future will bring.

As Chris and i were waiting for the countdown, i asked him what he loved about 2008. He said that for him it was all about passing his Environmental Health Scientist test. Then i asked him what he hated about 2008 and he said one word, uncertainty. I can definately agree with him on both accounts. What i loved about 2008 was being able to spend time with my family - my mom and dad moved back to Utah from Washington this year and I got to see Chris' family 3 times. The thing i hated was getting laid off from Digital Slant.

Yes, in 2008 we had our victories, like paying off our high interest credit card, and our defeats, when we had to get the car fixed and charged the card up again :) I didn't loose the 10 pounds i was shooting for, but i gained a lot of love and happiness instead.

I know 2009 may be a little sketchy right now, but there's a lot of year ahead that could be filled with a lot of wonderful things. At this point, I'm just looking forward to Spring :)

3 comments:

Nat said...

So Chris and Blaire: you're supposed to TELL people when you start a blog; that way I don't have to randomly find you through Pete's. It makes it less stalkery that way. Unless you guys LIKE being stalked...

Becky said...

I will not lash out at you like Nat. However I am happy to know that you two have a blog. Mostly its good to know you are alive and kickin!!

tiffrsmith said...

I'm so glad that I have found you! Jess sent me a link so that I could check out your super-cute baby clothes. You are so talented! I'm excited to be able to stay in touch.