Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Goal

I know that just about everybody sets a weight loss goal when a new year rolls around. Well I guess I'm not any different in that regard. I knew a couple of pounds have crept on in the last year, but i was not prepared for the number I saw on the scale that fateful morning.

I know the days of my high school and wedding weights are far behind me (155 lbs). Maybe if i had a personal trainer and no job other than working out, i could probably get back there. But i don't want to dwell in the past, I'm looking towards the future now.

My goal is to get those pants to not feel quite so tight and to take a little of the jiggle out :) I'm hoping by confessing my desire to be healthier will help me feel more accountable and motivated to work hard.

I've purchased 4 exercise DVD's from amazon, and some light weights and resistance bands using my corporate christmas gift, a Walmart giftcard. I've planned out my meals and DVD rotation for the next 4 weeks. I'm know how i am so i put in a few "free" spaces in case i want to take a night off or eat grilled fast food. I plan to exercise 5 times per week for 40 mins per session. I hope by choosing healthier foods and staying away from the junk i can reach my goal of losing 3 pounds in the next 4 weeks or .75 pounds per week.

I think I'm being realistic, but we'll see if i can endure and then keep going past these initial weeks. Right now all i want is a raspberry filled powdered donut. mmmm raspberry . .

7 comments:

Nat said...

My sister just instigated a "Biggest Loser" contest amongst the family members. And though I don't need to lose any weight right now in my life, I do want and need to work out. So I told her I would work out three times a week, for a half hour, and every time I didn't make that goal I would pay in a dollar. We're ending in June, so I may just be paying in $20 or whatever it is...BUT I'm hoping it will give me a bit more incentive to get up before the kids and get my body moving.

Good luck in your endeavors! And make it fun! (I myself am thinking I'm going to do Dance Dance Revolution to work out. Or Taebo.)

Dominoe said...

Good luck with that! I'm still trying to find something to motivate my lazy bum. :)

Cheryl said...

I lost 25 lbs last Spring avoiding carbs. I had always mocked the whole low-carb diet foods marketing angle. However, it really works! I read "Eat Drink and Be Healthy" by Walter C. Willett (Head of Nutrition at Harvard) and the very popular "South Beach Diet" -- and was convinced. Unfortunately my love of pancakes and chocolate have made 5 pounds creep back on so I am starting afresh again too!

Kiley said...

Stick to it - I know you can! And, good luck!

Bryan and Janelle Guymon said...

Oh, yeah, the weight loss goal...I had one of those. :) Okay, so I still do, but I need to get back to it. I, like you, am sure I will never see the high school weight again, but being a little closer to it would be nice! Good luck with your goals, sounds like you have it all figured out!

Lisa Puga said...

You can do it! It's all about the exercise. GoooooOOOOOO BLAIRE!!!n

Britany said...

5 times a week for 40 min? yikes. good luck!! you're a stronger person than i am