Monday, January 26, 2009

Stuck

I guess snow and ice in January are not anomalies in Cache Valley. What drives me crazy is being trapped in my own home because the locks on my STUPID car are completely FROZEN!

Ugh. I can't wait to get a garage some day because the scraping and stuggling to clear off my car is getting pretty old. On the up side, Chris did try to scrape some of the ice off, but without the aid of heated defrost, he wasn't able to get too far :(

And i guess there is a bright side - I have an excuse not to go to work today :)

Update: 1:15pm - I have escaped. It "warmed up" enough for my locks to thaw and i was able to get my car de-iced and i went to work. Tempting to stay home, but every dollar counts :)

3 comments:

Nat said...

In the meantime, you should get a car window cover thingy. I have no idea what it's called, but it's like a plastic thing that you tuck into both front doors. NOTHING sticks to your windshield. Of course, it doesn't work on your car lock, though I've heard of car lock melty things, too. But actually, a garage is totally the way to go!

Kiley said...

I thoroughly enjoyed watching my husband (from the safety of inside our house) try to pry open the door to our car, too. Sad to say, but I giggled a little at his discomfort . . .

Hilary said...

Just think, where else could you use that kind of excuse to get out of work?? Hehe.