Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday tooooooo meeeeee!

Today is when we celebrate a momentous day in human history - the day when I, Blaire, came forth into the world.

Ok, so maybe it's not quite that important, but I am celebrating the big 2-6. I can't believe it, i never really imagined what my life would be like in between 21 and 30. I always figured the years would be filled with marriage and kids, so i guess i'm partway there :)

Friday we got my mom and dad moved into their new condo in Layton and then we went back on Sunday for my family b-day get together. A nacho party and cake - it was awesome!! My family is really funny when we're all together so i got a special gift of laughing so hard i cried, i love that!

Tonight Chris and I are going to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, Kamin, which is a Thai place. Then i'll finally get to open my super secret present from Chris. I have no idea what it could be, so i'm pretty excited to find out.

In other awesome news, Chris and I are moving to a new apartment in 3 weeks. It's a two bedroom and when we went to look at it we found out the landlord is the bishop from the singles ward where Chris and I first met - talk about a small world. And the best part about this new apartment is . . . WASHER & DRYER HOOKUPS!!!!! I can't even fully express my complete happiness and bliss at the thought of no longer having to go to the laundromat :) It seemed like every time i went to wash the clothes I was getting chatted up by weirdos.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy Birthday Blaire! You are awesome and I hope your day is fantastic!

Woohoo on the apartment! Let us know if you need help. AJ should have his big truck fixed this week, and then I'm pretty sure he'll be in the mood to use it :)

THE BROOKS CLAN said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Blair...Happy Birthday to you! Welcome to the big 2-6

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Blaire! Dana will not let me celebrate his 27th birthday this month -- so I am off the hook for getting him a gift ;)

Mmm, I love Thai....

Nat said...

Wow, you're SO OLD!!! :) If I remember right, Chris is a couple years older than me, and you're a few years younger than me...he must've robbed the cradle! Congrats on the new apartment with washer/dryer hookups. You'll never go back.

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday a day late Blaire!! I was thinking about you on your birthday and I hope you had a wonderful day. Your DDR will be awesome I bet!

jenners said...

oh man i cried that night too