Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Confused

So it's been 4 weeks since i blogged about trying to shed a few pounds. I've been keeping track of my exercise and what I've been eating and I'm not quite sure what happened.

I started out at 183, then after a couple days i went up to 186, then a couple days after that i was up to 187. I stayed at 187 for probably two weeks and then last Saturday I went back down to 185 and I've been holding steady there. I know you're weight is supposed to fluctuate due to a variety of factors, but the bottom line is i gained weight over the last month

I'll admit that i pigged out the week of Valentines and my Birthday. I'll also admit that the 5 days of exercise per week still hasn't quite materialized, but i am consistently getting 3 days a week in. So i guess I'll just keep plugging along with the DDR and my exercise DVDs. If you have any suggestions besides eat less, exercise more - I'd love to hear them.

We'll see what happens in another 4 weeks.

5 comments:

Kiley said...

Good luck! I'm sure that in the long run it will all pay off!

Nat said...

Muscle weighs more than fat (or so I've been told), so maybe you're gaining muscle? Just keep on keepin' on! I'm supposed to be exercising 3 times a week, and I've been doing only 1 (which is better than none, I guess, but still).

Britany said...

well, besides weighing yourself do you see any difference? do you look thinner to you? sometimes the scale doesn't know everything. you could be gaining muscle in some places and losing fat in others.

Derek said...

get off birthcontrol.. i dunno..

Vic Saunders said...

I have a friend who lost 58 pounds. How did he do it?

1. He used a plate 1/3 the size of the one he was used to eating on.

2. He tried to eat slower, talk to his wife or friends more during meals, so his body would have time to tell him when he was full.

3. He exercised (which you are doing) daily, even if it wss for only a few minutes.

I don't know if this will help you but it sure helped him!